SYNTHETIC HAIR VS HUMAN HAIR
With the development of technology, the quality of synthetic hair has gradually improved, and its appearance has become much more like human hair and is now used as a supplement of human hair materials.
The synthetic hair on the market is divided into many kinds and is mainly produced in China, Korea, and Japan. Various types of synthetic hair come with different characteristics such as different feel, glossiness, weight, durability, which all directly determine the quality of wigs. The most commonly used synthetic fiber in the hair market is Kanekalon which is one of a high-temperature fiber. Kanekalon is more typical in the men’s hair systems whereas high-temperature fiber is associated more with the women’s fashion-wig market.
Human hair wigs are more complicated and are divided into the following types: Chinese hair, Mongolian hair, Indian hair, Brazilian hair, European hair, etc.
Each hair has its characteristics. Chinese Hair is currently the largest source of raw material for making hair systems. Chinese hair and Mongolian hair are similar, they are relatively harder and straight. Brazilian hair is similar to the Indian hair. They are thin and soft and usually have small waves. European hair is the most expensive hair raw material. The color of European hair is closer to the hair types found in the European and American consumer markets. It is very thin, soft, not suitable for any chemical treatment, and it is used primarily for hair extensions.
What are the differences between synthetic hair and human hair wigs?
1. From a cost point of view, synthetic hair wigs are much cheaper than human hair wigs. Since more and more people are dyeing and curling their hair, less and less is being collected to be used for hair replacement systems. So, the cost of human hair has become higher and higher. However, synthetic fiber does not and will not encounter such problems. We can produce as much synthetic fiber as we want.
2. Even though synthetic fiber techniques have advanced. Some top-quality fiber is very similar to real human hair but it is still not exactly the same as human hair. The touch and feel are not as soft and smooth as human hair. The difference is particularly apparent when someone uses a brush to brush their hair.
3. Human hair can be dyed; synthetic fiber cannot be. Human hair can be dyed to another color again after we have finished the unit but we cannot dye synthetic fiber pieces even if it is just a case of dyeing the hair from a very light color to a slightly darker one.
4. Human hair will fade; synthetic fiber will not.
5. Styling human hair is harder than synthetic fiber. When we try to style or curl human hair, we need to use chemicals to make it easier to style the hair but we don’t need too many styling products for synthetic fiber. It can be settable easier with any new styling or curl.
6. Styling or curling is easier with synthetic fiber than human hair as previously stated. However, once hot hair is applied to synthetic fiber, all the curls will disappear. This is not true of human hair which can hold curls for a long time.